Sunday, March 2, 2008

Magnificent Mango Salad!

I got this recipe from the Chatelaine magazine a few years ago, but couldn’t find it again on their web site to share with you. I used the same dressing, fish sauce/lime juice/sugar/chili pepper flakes but I’ll have to find a new kind of fish sauce; the one I have in the fridge has 52% of your daily sodium requirement in 1 tablespoon!!!! Much too much!!!
Anyway, the end result was delicious: a huge mix of mangoes, shrimps, sweet onions, bean sprout on a bed of arugula greens, sprinkled with chopped cilantro and crushed still-warm roasted cashews. I often change the recipe, depending on what I have in the fridge! Avocado is also very good in that mix, so is fresh grapefruit chunks. I still have a mango left so I’ll do a repeat this week with chicken. So good, I wish I could share with you virtually! !

No comments: