Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just impossible

to get ahead.... I received today my electricity bill and my new "budget monthly" amount has been increased by $43.00. I consider myself frugal with the energy: I keep the heat to a minimum all winter long, no air conditioning in the summer, I mostly live in the dark at night, TV is not on unless I'm actually watching it, I cook as much as possible on the propane BBQ grill and half the time, I not even home! How can it be $261.00 per month for a one-person household????
I already looked at my budget 2 week ago to slim it down and I just don't know where this money has to come from. Just depressing.

2 comments:

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

Great Scott!

Annie said...

AND, 18 months ago, I changed all my lightbulbs to the new "energy-saver" kind. So in addition to the intitial steep investement to buy those, I shoukd have seen a saving by now... Apparently not. I was just too gullible in the greatest marketing scam to make everyone (spend more money) change their lightbulbs to "save the planet"....