Monday, June 29, 2009

Wood-Fired Oven ~ the location!

Before marking the cement pad location, I had to think about the big picture and how I wanted everything to look, once all the components are done, in a few years. Also, after discussing with a few oven experts, I changed the orientation of the oven due to the prevailing winds. So the back of the oven will be what I will see when I step out of my kitchen but it will make the efficiency much better. The long line starting at the bottom left of the picture, is actually the boardwalk to build from my existing deck to the future outdoor kitchen. The large rectangle is the cement pad: 118" X 80". Once the oven is build, the heat is all contained and therefore will not affect the lilac tree just beside it. Unfortunately, the 2 small lilacs at the small furthest end of the pad will have to go.

No comments: