Sunday, August 12, 2007

Food for Thoughts

My friend Betty Anne just dropped by to say hello this fine afternoon, we sat down and chatted for an hour or so. Ever since she left, my mind has been in effervescence, boiling with challenging concepts! Where to start? Where to start? So many question-provoking thoughts to share.

Let's takle this one: In life, you need 3 legs to stand on: the Work leg, the Family leg and the Community leg. Hummm, as I'm pondering changes because my Work leg is a bit sore, Betty Anne reminds me that changes to my Work leg could wobble and even break off my Family or Community legs. So where would I be standing?? In a better situation or in a worst one?? I might need to re-evaluate some of the changes I was about to make - she really threw a curve at me.

How about this one: Betty Anne suggested I do a spreadsheet to evaluate as objectively as possible, components in my life. That's why I'm including this picture: this is my view as I'm writing right now. We can all agreee that that's worth a 10 out of 10 right now, but maybe it's worth only a 1 in February. Actually, Betty Anne have never been here in February, otherwise she would know it's also a 10!! The lake is ever-changing and provides constant fascination. What's worth barely a 1 in February is living here; there's nothing fascinating about frozen pipes or not being warm enough.

Who needs a therapist or psychatrist if you can have a Betty Anne in your life?? I am very lucky! BA is a good friend, to me but also to many people. We don't chit chat over the phone or even over the internet, we see each other maybe twice a year, but I know that she is the person I can count on if my life is chaotic and I need help sorting it. Over 2 years ago, when I decided to change my life drastically and quit my job in Toronto to move to the middle of nowhere hoping for a better life, even though Betty Anne was supportive of my decision, she was worried for me. And she told me so. She kept in contact and I could hear the relief on her voice when I told her I found a job at a decent company, close to my new home. I wish you all a Betty Anne.

I have much more to share about BA and my conversation with her this afternoon ~ stay tuned! And thanks for stopping by Betty Anne, I needed it.

2 comments:

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

nice waterfront... where's your boat?

Annie said...

Ahhh, yes the boat! Has been dry, under a tarp since last fall, need help (read a man) to get it in the water. But that will be the topic of a post on my other blog......