Sunday, August 19, 2007

Montréal and its Best Restaurants

This is the start of a new serie about the Best Restaurants of... I'll start with Montréal and I'll cover my adoptive Toronto and all the cities I've visited. Anyone who knows me well, knows I know and love my food! Enjoy the postings and I hope you'll take a couple minutes to share YOUR favorites places to eat: a name, a city and a few descriptives words would be great!

You cannot talk about Montréal without talking about Steamed Hot Dogs! It all started on the Main at the Montréal Pool Room although Les Frites Dorées (is it still open??) was far superior. But nowadays, you just have to head to a La Belle Province franchise and you can't go wrong! Enjoy it all dressed, the cabbage is a must and sprinkle some paprika on top.
Another favorite is the egg rolls from Yangtze on Van Horne. However, I have to admit I've never been there, I get my supply from my montréaler friends James and Anna who brings me dozens (and dozens!) when they visit for my annual BBQ party. Quite a treat!
Also on the chinese front, a must is Zen at Hotel Omni Mont-Royal on Sherbrooke St. It's an all-you-can-eat a-la-carte type of menu and you get to sample great chinese delicacies such a the not-to-be-missed Pekin Duck.
You must head to Buffet La Maison Kirin in Chomeday or Brossard if all-you-can-eat buffet is more your style. You must try the deep-fried spinach: not available in many chinese restaurants and very tasty!
Let's not forget Panama Restaurant on Jean-Talon East for the best greek roasted chicken ever! If you want pork souvlaki, do what the server told me and go somewhere else! Their specialty is the roasted chicken and it's a fabulous one! Pair it with a village salad and some fresh tzatziki and you have a real feast! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!
Last but not least: Schwartz's. The best Jewish deli in Canada!
Enjoy the culinary tour!

2 comments:

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

All this blogging about food is making me hungry!

Annie said...

Me too!!!