Sunday, August 12, 2007

Pizza Day


I go through this every once in a while and I'm right in the middle of it right now: using up all the food in the frrezer and in the pantry! I'm trying to keep my grocery purchases to a minimum with only fresh staples and want to eat what I have already stored.
I've been thawing a pizza dough ball overnight and separated it in 3 portions this morning. The first one went for a breakfast pizza. On the BBQ of course, as I do not have a real full function over; only a convection/microwave combinaison oven that does not brown or broil. I took a packet of Apple-Cinnamon instant oatmeal, mixed it with I-Can't-Beleive-it's-Not-Butter margarine (no more butter - only margarine in the freezer!) and sprinkled with more brown sugar and more cinnamon. A few minutes in the BBQ and voila! it's nice and brown and ready to delight me!!

I'm already thinking about the lunch one: no pizza sauce, no pepperoni in stock, so it will probably end up a "white" pizza or maybe I should call it a flat bread?

No comments: