Monday, November 5, 2007

As a young teenager, I read this book featuring a donkey-pulled camper-trailer. The heroes of the story travelled to Italy and I think that initiated my desire to travel the world. Even though I fell lucky to have visited so many different countries so far, there is still so much more to discover!
30 years later, not much have changed! I still dream of far away places and I still want to hit the road and check out all small town USA with no time constraint or pre-planned route. The transportation mode has changed however when I came across the Roadtrek line-up of camper vans. Isn’t that a dream??
Better check that lottery ticket from last Saturday’s draw!

5 comments:

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

Nice RV! Those Sprinter vans are supposed to be quite nice, they are built by Mercedes and sold in North America as Dodges and Frieghtliners... Make sure you get the towing package so you can pull a trailer with the rest of your toys!

Anonymous said...

Try before you buy : http://www.owascorv.com/

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

"check out all small town USA" but what about all those small towns in CANADA? Or have you seen them all?

Annie said...

It's embarassing to admit I still have to visit most of Canada. But when I do my road trip, I'll go down on the East coast from here, then follow the golf of Mexico to South America, go south as much as possible, then on my way back north, I do the midwest USA, northwest, cross Canadian border into BC, up to Alaska (good men/women ratio!), then it's the canadian tour back home. So much to discover! What a dream! Just need time and money!!

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

Then you will need this for the more rural parts of North America, the AlCan highway is pretty tough on vehicles from what I hear, and Mexican roads aren't the best either.

http://www.unicatamericas.com/vehicles_amerigo_international.html

The mighty Amerigo International — the ultimate family Expedition Vehicle.

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.