Thursday, November 29, 2007

Things I’ve Learned ~ part 1

Be fully insured. In my situation, without a significant other or family members in the area to rely on, it was a relief to learn that not only did I have a same-category rental car included, my cab fare to get to work the morning after will be reimbursed. Just less things to worry about.
Unfortunately, because it was a single-car accident, I am at fault but my policy includes a first offense crash-forgiveness clause. We’ll see where that takes me when I have to settle on the value of the truck with the insurance company.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not necessarily at fault - if the conditions were bad enough - you weren't charged or anything, right? Even if it doesn't affect your insurance bill, make sure it doesn't affect your rating either... although all companies are different...
I found this out too late, and although my rates didn't go up, they didn't drop like they would have over the next few years if the insurance company had put through a no-fault claim...

Annie said...

Thanks for your input Jamie: I need all the help I can get to deal with the situation.