Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Year when Everything Falls Apart

42 – What a bad year. Started the year with the doc’s concerns about my high blood pressure (something that has been going on for years but now needed to be treated….), then a foot condition that finally required some orthotics. In between, on a good note, I started a new lifestyle program to lose weight, not easy but I’m down 25 pounds now with still 25 to go. Now, I’m scheduled tomorrow for a CT scan for severe lower back pain. I’ve done physio and massage therapy before going to Europe but the latter part of the trip was extremely difficult and the best word to describe me when I came back last week is: crippled. The pain med has been working very well however, I’ll just wait to see what the CT scan says before I resume activities. The year is not over yet, but my cup is full.

4 comments:

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

Welcome to the club of OLD PEOPLE. I can say this, because I am 42 also! I share your BP and foot problems, and I could stand to lose some weight too (Congrats on that BTW...) Hope you can get some relief from the back pain...

Annie said...

Ah Ah! we're OLD allright! we're already more than half way to the life expantency of 80.4 years in Canada.

Anonymous said...

COngrats on the 25 LOST pounds...may they never, ever FIND you again! :)

Annie said...

Thank you! They better not find my address again; I already started to purge my closet and donated to Goodwill!!