Sunday, February 10, 2008

Merci Papa!

Last week I had dinner at friends and their kitchen reno was almost finished, done by pros. New cupboards, trims, counter and sink: nothing extravagant, just nicer and new. A closet in the hallway was removed to increase the kitchen footprint and a breakfast counter with top cupboard was removed. When I heard the price tag was close to $10,000.00, not only was I flabbergasted but it made me reflect on my own renovations, specially my kitchen, now on the 8th year. I had a full wall removed, new window, new larger exterior door, new cupboard units, new counter, new breakfast counter and all done to my precise wishes. Best of all, all done by love, with passion & talent by my Dad. I’ve only had to call pros twice: an electrician to hook up the 220V washer/dryer and a plumber to look at a pump problem. I could not have done a tenth of what he’s done if I had to have everything done by pros, and it would not have been made with the same care and quality. I’m very luck. As a small tribute to my Dad’s amazing work, I share with you a few Before and After photos.

2 comments:

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

All I can say is Wow! Is Dad a pro, or just a skilled DIY?

Annie said...

Dad was a career RCMP officer but he's now an accomplished DIY'er and a talented Canadian-pine furniture maker; I've had the priviledge to get a few customvpieces every now and then for the past 25 years! Lucky me!