Sunday, February 24, 2008

To Keep or Not to Keep?

I have so many CD’s and so little room. When I moved here 3 years ago, I had cd’s in 3 Banker’s boxes; I bought 7 portable binders and got rid of hundreds of plastic cases. And the rest, along with the binders, went back in storage in the garage… I’ve now decided to get rid of the ones that didn’t fit in the binders, after ripping then to my computer. Is it ok now to get rid of the original CD’s? What do you normally do with a CD collection that has gone out of hand?

3 comments:

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

I wouldn't pitch the original CDs. Hard drives fail, backups of those hard drives fail, etc... (I'm a geek I've seen some really catastrophic hardware failures.)

Plus, an "audiophile" would remind you that the ripped tracks are of poorer quality than the original (even if YOU can't hear it!)

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

Plus think off all those polycarbonate CDs sitting in a landfill somewhere, to be discovers by an archaeologist centuries in the future!

Annie said...

Ok, I'm convinced!
Maybe I do need to build an addition for all the entertainment supplies and kitchen appliances and.....