Saturday, February 9, 2008

Small Victory!

This morning, I was able to tighten my belt to the second hole without any effort! So 2 weeks of juicing & salad eating is showing up. And I keep going! Just back from the grocery store with more veggies; this week-end I will experiment with dry beans. I need to get away from the canned one because of the high sodium content so I will try a couple recipes with dry white navy and red beans. On the menu tonight is a beef stew: I will use the pressure cooker to tenderize the meat and reduce the bean cooking time and I will add tomatoes (I found a canned version with no sodium), cabbage, carrots, garlic and I will spice things up with a couple chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Yummy! Already looking forward!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yet another appliance to buy (maybe) Do you have a slow cooker? Great for soups, chili's, and especially stews.
(Maybe your dad could build you an extra room to keep all you appliances in...)