Monday, October 13, 2008

Lunch Soup - part 2

Today's use of leftover turkey is a Turkey/rice soup with carrot, topped with garlic croutons and grated parmesan cheese.. A few months back, I purchased at the bulk food store a mixed rice called Aztec Blend (Colusari red rice, brown rice, split peas and amaranth grains), seemed healthy enough and I was waiting for the perfect occasion to try it. Of course, I put too much rice in the soup; it appears I have a problem calculating the proper quantities of rice and pasta per portion...oh well. But the winning ingredient in this soup was once again the Mexican Oregano leaves. I believe I bought it when I was in California last spring and each time I use it, it bring fabulous flavor to the dish. I went on the McCormick's site to find more details and found recipes galore!! I wouldn't have enough week-ends in a year to try all the appetizing dishes I saw there!! And check out their Flavor Pairing section, so much inspiration! I need a bigger spices & herbs cabinet!

No comments: