Thursday, October 23, 2008

Today’s Groceries

I haven’t lost any weight in the past 2 months but have maintained my 25-lbs loss for that period. I’m very happy about that because I’ve traveled in Europe during that time and believe me, I didn’t lose any opportunity to try all the local specialties! And since I came back, I don’t have the feeling I didn’t eat exactly what I wanted. So something must be sinking in my brain! But I have another 25 lbs to lose so it’s time to put some extra efforts. For the past 2 weeks, I’ve been participating in a Learn Eating and Activity Forever program from the local health unit dietitian; so far it’s been very informative and last week’s cooking demo showed us a few very easy ways to add tasty and healthy food to our daily meals. This week’s groceries are definitely a reflection of what she’s been talking about and I’m all excited about giving it a shot. I already made some fat-free hummus this week and it was a success at the lunch table! Tonight, I prepared a spread of yogurt, low-fat cream cheese and seasoning, I chopped broccoli, onion, carrots and cabbage and will have a cold veggie pita pizza for tomorrow’s lunch. Already looking forward! Isn't that crazy??

No comments: