Thursday, October 2, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust!

Few months ago, I discovered a great restaurant in Colborne, the next village 15 minutes down the road. An authentic Thai restaurant! At first, I was skeptical but when I found out that the owner’s wife was Thai AND was the cook, I was hooked! Unfortunately, I've driven by twice in the past week, and even though the signs are still all there, the restaurant closed and there was nobody in the'r apartment upstair. Hummm, hopefully, they just went on a little holiday and forgot to leave a note on the door…… I certainly hope so but most great places don’t survive too long away from the city crowds. And I would bet that not many locals know about Thai food anyway?

3 comments:

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

I hope they're on vacation! So many small restaurants are closing with the current state of the economy! Too sad.

Annie said...

They're open again! I stopped by today and chatted with the owner: they had to go to Thailand and stayed for a month. It wasn't a vacation but he took the opportunity to have some dental work done there; lower cost. He had called a friend to ask they put a note on the restaurant door to let customers know about the temporary closure, but the friends forgot.... Had a great glass noodle salad!

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

Cool!