Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thanksgiving Turkey

This year, I decided to do a small turkey in the smoker to use my leftover of wood briquette before the winter. Wanting to maximize the space, I added some chorizo and bratwurst sausages and a white fish fillet. The smoker works with moist heat generated from the water basin above the charcoals but below the lower grill. It makes poultry with darker/pinkish meat and very moist. Even the breast is delicious, it just never dries out. The smoked white fish was a first for me; I had a craving for white fish and had dropped by my favorite Jewish deli in Toronto 2 weeks ago but they were closed due to Rosh Hashanah. Luckily, white fish was on sale at Sobey's this week and today was the day for my first experiment. It was quite a success!! Next time, I might put more wood chips earlier to give it a more smokey flavor but it was extremely moist, almost better than at the deli! Tomorrow, I will make some turkey soup, probably a couple kinds and I will use the smoked sausages in them.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That looks good!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

That is one GOOD looking bird! I love Thanksgiving!

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

mmmmmmmmmm....