Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Pause Button


Today my aunt sent me this article from realsimple.com about why When Being Right Is Wrong; the timing was exceptionally eerie. How could she'd know that I needed that right now?? It's basically about the wasted energy we spend proving we are (I am) right when it would be far more fructuous to move on and focus on the big picture and what's really important. I seem to be doing a lot of that right now and I have to practice pushing the Pause Button next time before I try to prove I'm right. Thanks Rachel for the reminder and I hope all will turn out well for you, soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad this article came at the right time. I've photocopied the article a few months ago, wanting to mail it to you and your mother, but being the procrastinator that I am, it was still in my file "TO DO"...

I was about to mail it when I noticed the site on the internet.

Rachel

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

And you have the perfect pause button right at your fingertips... That chair in front of your house with the view of the lake and cat! Relax!

Get one of these: http://www.cafepress.com/whatinterestsme.92034777

PS - a comment from someone other than me! unbelievable.

Anonymous said...

So true Annie!

Anonymous said...

Bons conseils qui viennent à point...j'ai également aimé l'article to-do list.

Ne trouves-tu pas que cette quanrantaine que nous venons de débuter nous poussent à revoir bien des choses dans notre vie?

Katia

Annie said...

Bien des choses effectivement!