Monday, October 8, 2007

Simple Breakfast ~ but so good!!


To make great food, not only to you need good ingredients to start, you also need great cookware! A few years ago, I whined enough to my Mom that just to shut me up, she parted with her 35 y.o. Le Creuset enameled cast iron skillet. You see, this skillet is synonymous with great stuff from my childhood; my Mom makes the best scrambled egg and the best grilled cheese shandwiches possible. Now with THE skillet, I can do the same. Almost! Since I can't really upstage my mom in the sandwish department, I have to make variations: I made this grilled cheese sandwich with a mix of greated cheeses: cheddar extra mild and old, swiss and a bit of parmesan. And I added bacon, cooked on the BBQ grill of course!
Merci Maman!
I also remember my Mom made corn dogs (commonly called Pogo in Quebec!) sometimes for lunch when I was in grade school. This must where I took my love for the things! I have all the ingredients ready to try a few homemade ones for lunch today! Stay Tuned for an update!

4 comments:

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

I didn't want any of my mom's cookware (all aluminum and stainless) PLUS, if I had my mom's cookware, that may have lead to my cooking skills to be as poor as hers and her mothers! ewwwww! Good thing I can read cookbooks, or we would starve. (ok, my wife is a good cook too, so we wouldn't starve.)

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

That sandwich sounds lovely!

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

Why hasn't Mom posted any comments?

Annie said...

Maybe she prefers to be a lurker?????