Sunday, January 27, 2008

Forget About Counting Calories!

As I am embarking in this “salad” adventure, I must share with you my culinary experience in Michigan last December. It was highly recommended (Thanks Dave for the tip!) I try a Michigan specialty: National Coney Island; I knew I wouldn’t have any personal time in Jackson so I made a stop at the National Coney Island diner at the Detroit airport. Actually, I stopped by twice, upon my arrival and I couldn’t resist stopping again when I left! I had their specialties: Coney hot dog and cheese fries. The dog was simply delicious! It comes with chili, mustard and diced onion and I added cheese. The wiener was cooked perfectly, juicy and the bun steamed – a real treat for a Montrealer like me! The wieners come from Dearborn and they were so tasty that I’ll bring back a box when I go back!

2 comments:

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

OMG! I have my own Annie-Label...

pssttt.. It's Dearborn, not Deadborn. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dearborn%2C_Michigan

Annie said...

Thanks! Bad fingers! Corrected now. At least I had the link correctly!