Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Plans are Made to be Changed!

There will not be a scrumptious turkey dinner tonight. Because my oven is not large enough, I always cook the bird on the BBQ. Unfortunately, today the weather is not cooperative. We had such a beautiful sunny afternoon yesterday that I was hoping for the same. But the snow has been falling steadily with the wind from the north; the coldest kind, coming straight on the BBQ on the deck. I shoveled the snow off the deck early this morning but as you can see on the pic, it took no time to accumulate again. I’ll have to raid the freezer to see what other feast I can do for tonight! In the meantime, this weather is perfect to enjoy a good book!

2 comments:

ĎāvĕΓħëβЯĂvė said...

This would be a fabulous excuse to buy yourself a proper oven! We have a Maytag Gemini (TWO ovens in a standard range size) http://maytag.com/catalog/product.jsp?src=Ranges&cat=9&prod=90
Cook the bird in the big lower oven and a pie in the upper! Worth every penny.

Annie said...

That's a great oven! Maybe in my next home!